Saturday, February 24, 2007

Nothing goes into the nose!

After work yesterday, Friday, 23rd, I was doing what I normally do, sitting here at the computer. I noticed the daycare called. Since I don't have sound on the computer anymore, I didn't want them to leave a message so I clicked on 'to ignore call' so it would just ring. I knew if it was important, they would call Leigh on her cellphone. A little later, Leigh called. I clicked on 'I'll call you back'. Which I did after I got off the computer, immediately. One of many bad things on using dial-up. Anyway, she asked me if I could get to the daycare right then. She was on her way, but couldn't get there for at least 30 minutes, since she works in the University area. I asked her what was wrong, thinking one of the kids were sick or something. Well, it's the something I would never had thought about. It seems RyLee had stuffed a crayon up his nose and it wouldn't come out. She said they were going to try to get it out with tweezers, but he wouldn't have anything to do with that. Who would? Leigh wanted me there is case he was freaking out or something. And if she had to take him to the hospital, I would take Payton home with me. Since it was 4:30, the traffic was getting heavy, but I finally got there. RyLee was sitting outside while all the other kids were playing. Poor thing. I took him inside where it was quite and talked him into letting me try to get the crayon out with tweezers. I showed him that all it would do is tickle a little bit. I put the tweezers at my nose to show him how I would do it and it did tickle, until I actually pull a hair out my nose. Now that hurt! Which I tried not to let him know how much. Anyway, I tried to get it and he was really good in letting me try, but I just couldn't get it and did not want to push it up any further. So I took a tissue and held the other side of his nose and told him to blow. Out came the crayon. Why couldn't the daycare have done that. They said they did, that's why I didn't try that first. It sure would have been much easier. I called Leigh and told her everything was fine. She was just about there anyway, so I stayed with RyLee to wait on her. So much excitement for a Friday, don't you think? The crayon was about the size of an pencil eraser too. Just a small piece which could have caused big trouble in there. What makes kids want to put things in the nose? Never understood that one.

No comments: