Thursday, March 8, 2007

Sickness......everywhere

Well, it seems someone is always sick around here. Leigh has had a bad cold. RyLee and Payton went to the doctor's yesterday. RyLee has strep throat and Payton has a sinus infection. Now me.....I hurt my back on Monday. I was pushing a tote with my foot at work when something popped in my lower back. So I've been going slow this week. Since I stand all day at work, my upper left leg starts going numb. Since I can sit when I get home from work, my leg feels fine. Even my back doesn't hurt as much. Hopefully it will be better soon. I think everyone else is starting to feel better too.

Since Copeland's closed on Monday, Leigh has really been working hard. She had to go into work early and stay later on Monday, so I took the kids to daycare and picked them up in the afternoon. The daycare called me around 3:15 to say that RyLee wasn't feeling well, so I left work early to go pick them up. He had thrown up on Sunday, but got better that afternoon. Payton had been sick last week with the same stuff. Like I said, sickness was everywhere! On Tuesday, Leigh kept RyLee with her so I went after Payton in the afternoon. I think they like riding in my car. Or scared to death since they never say anything while I'm driving. Maybe Leigh told them not to talk while I'm behind the wheel. So Wednesday came and Leigh took them both to the doctors. She kept RyLee with her again and later she went after Payton. I haven't heard if either one got sick today so hopefully everyone is ok.

I have to work Saturday and haven't had a day off this week, so I left work at 2:30. I go in tomorrow at 1:00 or so and stay until 6:00.

1 comment:

Gerhard and Cynthia Koch said...

Hope your back is feeling better & that the sicknesses stay away. Be sure to use some disinfectant on the door handels around the house. Another help might be to put the kids plastic toys in the tub filled with water & a mild bleach solution. Also wash the pillows and bed sheets in hot water. If the pillows can't be washed, take the covers off and set them outside in direct sun all day. Helps to do that with living room pillows too.