Saturday, August 11, 2007

HOT! HOT! and more HOT!

Can you believe how hot it's been here? 104 on Thursday! Now that's hot. And it's also the day I came home from work......in a car with the a/c broken and windows just roll down maybe 2 inches........to a house with the a/c broken. I didn't notice it at first, but the longer I sat here in front of the computer, the more I started sweating........actually, I was glistening because Southern women don't sweat! hahahaha The house got hot pretty fast too. We all spent a terrible night with fans moving around the hot air in each bedroom. I even took a Tylenol PM just to sleep through it, and that didn't even help. It was just so hot. Friday morning, I noticed that it was cooler outside than inside the house. Same as this morning, I have the door and windows opened to catch a nice breeze blowing. It was already 80 before 7:00 am. Back to the a/c...........I called someone on Thursday thinking I'd never get anyone over to look at it until next week, but they will be here between 3-6 today, Saturday. Be praying that it's a small thing to be fixed and not to replace the whole unit. That would be lots of money, I'm sure.

The dryer broken while I was in Germany, but that hasn't been too bad. We hang clothes out on the line. Remember those days? I've always like how the clothes smelled when dried on the line. So that hasn't brothered us very much. Of course, when the COLD weather, whatever that is, gets here, I don't think I'll like the clothes freezing in my hands and being stiff as I hang them outside. hahahahah

We're going somewhere shortly just to get somewhere a/c. I'll let you know what is wrong with the a/c.

No comments: