Saturday, August 18, 2007

Another Working Saturday

This is another Saturday that I have to work. Not bad though, just 6 and a half hours.

The temperature has still been hot everyday, reaching 100+ several days. I don't think I've seen it this hot before. And to say a few words about my old car in this heat........I came home on Thursday, got off work at 12:00, and couldn't unlock my car. I was trapped! in a very hot car!! Wow, I was getting a little panic stricken. I ended up having to get out on the passenger side. At least I didn't have to climb over the seat and get out the back. Now that would have been a sight! Hahaha! I'm not sure what is wrong with it. Leigh seemed to think it was the door handle just wouldn't open the door. I think it's the lock. I tried to unlock it with the key, once I got out of the car, but the key wouldn't unlock it either. Do you think I need to get a NEW car? Yes, so do I!

Someone from the past called on Thursday night. He lives in NJ now, but we met 1978 while he lived in Charlotte. We have always kept in touch through the years, sometimes letting several years go by without talking. Anyway, he is supposed to be coming down here next week for a visit. I told him he won't recognize Charlotte since it's changed so much. In fact, I don't recognize it sometimes either. South Park has really changed. It's like a town by itself over there.

We've just been trying to stay cool this week. Nothing going on here. Maybe something exciting will happen so I will have it to write about on here. HaHa!

No comments: