Friday, July 4, 2008

HAPPY JULY 4th





























Hope everyone has a safe July 4th weekend. Thank goodness I didn't have to work today. Last night we walked up to South Park to listen to the music and watch the fireworks. I'm going to try to put some pictures from last night on here. Everyone had fun and there were LOTS of people there. We couldn't even get to the place where we usually sit. But we could hear the music so much better than the other years.


Leigh and I were talking about other July 4th's watching the fireworks. She didn't remember watching them at Freedom Park one year, probably around 1978 or 1979. I was dating someone with a pickup truck so all the kids were in the back of the truck. When we left the park that night it started raining and the kids got wet. That was fun. Remember also, when Doug and Wesley went with us downtown for the fireworks. We had climbed a hill of dirt (where they were planning I-277 I guess) and just layed there on the ground. We were right under the fireworks. Neat! And I remember the July 4th I spent in Germany, 2001. At the American Army Base over there, they had a Rodeo. We went there to watch the fireworks, but they had rides, food and flea market type thing. That was really fun too. There have been lots of 4th's and hope there are many more.


Today, I actually got in the pool with RyLee and Payton. hahahahahaha Leigh took some pictures of that too. Payback with be coming soon, I can promise you that. Yes, I just took some pictures of her in the pool. hahahaahahaha

We cut a watermellon earlier this afternoon. It was so good. A seedless one too. And I like salt and pepper on mine.

Leigh just called me outside. BJ is sitting in the old pool that isn't even inflated anymore. He looks so funny in there. I took his picture too.
Leigh made some ice cream too. It was really good. When it got dark outside, she took some over to the Taylor's next door. They had bought some sparklers and things for the 4th so Leigh and the kids went over there. I didn't go, I was worn out for playing in the pool. Or should I say trying to get in AND out of the pool. hahahahahha That ground was hard. hahahahahah

I'll let you know if we do anything else exciting. hahahaha Happy 4th to everyone!

No comments: