Saturday, August 9, 2008

Hot! Hot! Hot! Summer

























































































It sure has been hot here in Charlotte, NC. Yesterday was the first "not so hot" day. It felt so much better yesterday that we got something to eat and took it to the Airport Park to watch the planes take off and land. It was getting a little dark when we got there so the lights on the runway had come on. We brought chairs this time so we all had a chair to sit on instead of the back of Leigh's car. Leave it to me to start eating my sub from Fire House when something started biting me on the foot. Yes, it was a red ant, such a little red ant at that. It sure hunt. Leigh came over to look and she got it off. Then a couple of others started biting me. I finally moved the chair to right beside the car, in the parking lot. Leave it to me to have ants climbing on me. Anyway, we watched the planes take off. We started counting the planes getting ready to land. At one time, nine up there coming our way. It was pretty watching all the lights on the planes. I'll try to place some pictues here for you.


























This morning, Leigh got up and walked down to an attice sale at the corner of the street. She came back saying that I needed to go too. So I got dressed and walked down there with Payton and RyLee. I found a book by Julie Andrews and one book about General Robert E Lee's daughters. It really looked interesting. We bought a couple of things for the kids for Christmas. Some nice books that looked brand new. Alot cheaper than buying them in a store. But, PLEASE, don't tell them. heheheeheheh We also went to an Estate Sale. This one wasn't as good as we have been to, but ok. We didn't buy much at that one. I guess that was a good thing since I didn't even take my pocketbook (didn't have any money anyway).


























I finally got high speed internet service this month. I'll send out my new email address as soon as I cancel AOL. I love how fast pictures are downloaded on here. Just a matter of seconds. And now I can watch the video's people have sent me in their emails. With the dial-up, that was something I never could do. I've been going back to some of the emails and watching the ones that I could never see. I can believe that it took me this long to get high speed. Well, yes I can too. I just couldn't afford it. Then AOL keep going up I found I was paying the same if not more. Then that storm we had that blew my modem so I couldn't use the dial up on this computer. I just love it!


























Last Tuesday we went to Montclair neighborhood to a Nationwide Crime Watch. We went last year and had lots of fun we decided to go this year. Giant Genie donated hand-fans since last year it was so very hot, I told them we could have used the fans. Plus, it would have been great advertising for them. Everyone I saw that night had them. There were lots for the kids to do, a band, FREE food too. Hotdogs, cotton candy, ice cream, watermellon, lemonade. So good! ehheheeheheh


























The Taylors, nextdoor, asked us if we wanted that Pine tree in the front yard cut down. They were having two trees cut down at the same time. The pine tree was really on the property line but they said they would pay for it. Some of the pictures are on here so you can see.

No comments: